Fantom project releases Opera Mainnet v0.1
By Inkarias - 2019-12-31
Fantom is a series of technology components, that, when combined, form a technology stack that allow a larger ecosystem of applications to be built on top of them and aims to facilitate the integration of applications in blockchain ecosystems. The team recently announced the launch of its first OPERA mainnet, which is EVM-compatible and provides full smart contracts support available through Solidity and the Ethereum Virtual Machine (“EVM”). The OPERA mainnet is operating on top of the Lachesis consensus protocol a leaderless asynchronous Byzantine Fault Tolerant (aBFT) protocol. There are a number of improvements and optimizations that are aimed to be implemented by the team in the next releases.
The goals are to continuously enhance the quality of consensus and the suite of applications, as well as to onboard users and organizations that wish to build scalable, secure, and decentralized applications on blockchain. In order to acquire FTM for use on the Opera mainnet, investors will need to swap ERC20, BEP2, or Xar Network FTM to Opera FTM and can use bnbridge.exchange to do so. -Mobile, desktop, and web-based wallets should be launched on 7 January 2020, with the ability to send, receive, and delegate FTM.
The Opera mainnet includes a set of features allowing a complete compatibility to build DApps:
- Lachesis aBFT DAG-based consensus protocol
- EVM and Solidity compiler support, to write, deploy and run smart contracts
- A permission-less, open-source network that anyone can connect to.
- Leaderless Proof of Stake (different from POS)
- Earn rewards and secure the Fantom network by running a validator node, or by delegating FTM to a validator node
- CLI interface with Web3JS, allowing developers to easily connect their applications to Lachesis and build Decentralised applications
- A real-time block explorer